Re: gallery review for PF exhibit Nov 11, 2006

Serena,

You provided an excellent review of everyone's images. Thanks!

By intentionally overexposing the image, I tried to bring out the cold morning air. Maybe I missed.

I assumed the Tug, pulling it's raft, would automatically allow the viewer to add the water. Overexposing the waters would allow elements of a cold morning. The pale background is a result of a light fog.

It's a nice shot, but a bit too technical for my taste.  I would like to
feel some of the cold and damp of the scene.  Instead, I am only
smelling the creosote and the diesel fumes of the tug.  Maybe it's the
contrast in color of the boat versus the lack of color in the
environment?  One the other hand, the pale background does make the tug
boat stand out.  The composition works nicely, with the tugged load
balancing the masts (?)<<<<<<

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
www.fireframeimaging.com