Re: going back to 4x5

There was an article written once about how our perceptions of some of the great photographers of the past have been molded by the media using the same images over and over. Who is famous for the image of Half Dome at Yosemite?

It is quite common for some photographers to yawn at their past being more excited about their current work or direction. It's unfortunate, editors and managers will tend to build your portfolio or show on the images of your past works. What brought you to today. To quote an article on the subject; "The old maxim says, "Our Friends define us by what we have done; we define ourselves by what we are capable of.""

My current portfolio is a mixture of both. Even though I too yawn at some of my past work. That period in my photographic history is in no way less important, nor less talented. Just different.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
www.fireframeimaging.com
www.soundexposure.org