Re: Sharpening, and improving focus, and reducing motion blur

Well, I'm of the opinion that if I can avoid using Photoshop for image adjustment, being as I start with a RAW file, then I've gotten the best possible capture.

That's not to say that there aren't times when I must turn to Photoshop to finish an image. Some dodging and burning is sometimes inevitably necessary, and I prefer to use the crop tool in Photoshop to correct my horizon but minimize the loss by fabricating sky or water or even some more adventurous stuff at the edges than to discard some of that in PS CS 2. In addition when I should have taken the camera in for sensor cleaning before I went to the shoot then I have to use Photoshop to clean up the dirt.

And I'm still using Photoshop to set up the IPTC info that's common to a whole folder of images, but then batching the insertion of the info in the browser.

My ideal would be to have a RAW converter that did not pass through Photoshop on its way to the saved file. As I understand it, PS CS 1 is the closest. PS CS 2 has screwed around with the way the files are batch processed from Bridge, and Lightroom also dumps the file into Photoshop before it can be saved.

Maybe when I have the money for an MacIntel, I can find out what Aperture actually does.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx