RE: Sharpening, and improving focus, and reducing motion blur

I was never satisfied with any standard settings for sharpening so I started playing about and in the end used  20,50,0 setting. This is more of a contrast increase than an actual sharpening, but the end result is good.

(Have to confess that now I rarely use this but nik sharpener pro, which gives me the result I’m after.

Dimitri

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Guy Glorieux
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 4:18 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Sharpening, and improving focus, and reducing motion blur

What a nice setting, Lea.

I've been struggling a lot with the Unsharp Mask function, trying to find the right balance between the individual settings.  But playing around with three figures can be really tricky.

Typically I would tend to overdo it a bit, with settings more like 90, 5.5, 6.  Then I would backtrack in the "Fade..." function.  But I've never been really satisfied with the end results.

I've just tried your combination on one of my picks and it seems much more effective.  Something like a more "gentle" treatment of the image.

Thanks for the info.

Guy