RE: Sharpening, and improving focus, and reducing motion blur

Interesting about trying to standardize on sharpening settings. Using that premise it seems to me that one must expect all ones captures to be tack sharp before processing?

I aim to not have to apply any sharpening as a start. If I'm so attached to an image that I can't accept that it's not sharp enough, then I grit my teeth and apply sharpening - as little as I can get away with.

The last time I sharpened, the radius was .08 and the threshold was as low as Unsharp Mask permitted.

Now, it's quite clear that jpegs for web use do require sharpening. For that at least 50% works fine.

But to me every image is a unique situation. Percentage just can't be standardized in my view.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx