Re: laptop? Notebook computers?

On 10/23/06, Allan Rosen-Ducat <allan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you want a rock solid speedster then you should pick up a Mac
notebook.

You just cannot kill them.   I have the different Mac laptops.

Watching my Mac friends, 3 out of the 4 who I know use Mac laptops
regularly have had extensive problems and shop-time with them.  This
is *far* worse than the the (much larger number of) non-Apple laptops
I've seen.  Most problems have involved multiple trips to the shop
before they got fixed right, too.

I'm glad yours have been good for you!

They network almost seamlessly into any network  or wireless
environment.
Most Mac laptops are configured with a wireless card and can be
purchased with bluetooth also.

A housemate regulaly has trouble getting hers to integrate with our
network.  Windows and Linux boxes drop right in.  At my previous job
we had a mixed network, and about 2/3 of the network troubles were
from the smaller number of Macs in the network; and they were also
unaccountably slow in network and browser functions.

If you can afford it buy, Applecare for the Laptop, this way you have
full support and your covered for
the term of the applecare if you have an out of warranty issue.

Applecare seems to be a very good program.

You can also do an amazing amount yourself, or coerce friends into
helping :-).  I've replaced power supplies in an SE, and the DC board
in a laptop (which in that model was pretty much the deepest buried
thing in the whole laptop, sigh), as well as simple processor and
memory upgrades, for Mac-owning friends who didn't feel comfortable
cracking the case themselves.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>