Re: [SPAM] Re: laptop? Notebook computers?

Speaking from personal experience, I have had absolutely terrible experiences with Apple support. The last issue was finally resolved when I started discussing small claims court. There was a time 8 or 9 years ago when I was the tech support for a school. Apple stiffed me with $22,000 worth of bad computers. Yes, I hold a grudge.

However, having said that, let me note that Apple has the most beautiful interface ever. It is all done to Bauhaus/international style ideals. Everything is is controlled very precisely. You will feel more inspired while using it. See: http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/chapter_1_section_1.html

I do all my work on a pc (Dell.) The bottom line is that I already own the software and know the interface. If you change Operating Systems, you will likely spend far more replacing the software than you would spend on the actual computer.

Did I cover all the bases?

- Serena

Don Roberts wrote:
Maybe one point is less subjective. Consumer's Reports has consistently ranked Apple Support as the best available. Period. Now we can argue whether CR is subjective, I guess. I

--
Serena Fenton        http://layersofmeaning.org/