Gallery Review

Mark Harris-Blackwells Mills Flowers
In my older years, I'm getting more of an appreciation for b&w. The thumbnail
appears superb in detail, placement,  value range and subject matter. On
closer inspection (the bigger picture), the image is a little fuzzy, not quite
as  many grays to blacks as I would personally like to see for greater detail.
Over all, a pleasing photograph.

Guy Glorieux-Self portrait
So many self portraits are done with the photographer holding the camera. In a
place where there is nowhere to set the camera, okay. But I think Guy, that
perhaps setting the camera on something or a tripod and using your timer
setting would have given you more opportunity to express your self. The look
on your face tells me one of two things, either you've had too much, or you've
had too much (as in hating the brew, the stew, the red, the fire water...). I
echo the expression of another member-that it is good to put faces to the
names. Look forward to seeing more of your works!

Lea Murphy-George Shannon
What can I say? Lea, I always love your portrait work. It's the kind I'd like
to achieve. As for the suit, you can pull it up in the back and hold it with
clothes pins. I always think a man looks best dressed up but a loose suit says
to me he's unsure of himself and is trying to hide. Good job.

Qkano-Cats
Capturing scenes like this are a tricky thing to do. It is best to be in a
spot where you can get the best detail, say what you want with the shot and
not get kicked in the face. I really like the added space around the dancers
telling a great story of what's going on. The lighting is favorable toward the
mood and the action you have captured is attention getting. Now for the
technical, a faster shudder speed to get rid of the blur, and a better
shooting position to capture more of the teacher. Another of my favorites.

Pini Vollach-Bosnian cafe & Bar
What wonderful colors! My favorite soda. A slower shudder speed to capture the
light and yet, blur. I know, it's my personal nit (as in I am being nit
picky). Over all, a great capture. People or no people? I think, people.
Anyway, love the colors, lighting, setting, time of day/night, mood (old
world/melancholy). Keep it up.

I've been one of the slackers. No excuses. Just trying to make myself do
better. Thanks to those who are at least keeping the gallery going while
waiting for the rest of us to get off our butts and get going again, myself
included! Thanks to the Gallery staff for hanging in there, too. And LUV to
all.

Shyrell
--
Melara Family Photography