Re: PhotoForum Member Exhibits 19 Aug 2006

Darin,

Thanks for the thorough review of my gallery posting this week.

What I find particularly interesting/useful with this review, and those you've made of other postings this week or previous weeks, is the extent to which you go into the picture and deconstruct from both/both the technical perspective (e.g. light, focus, color balance, etc...) and the content perspective (i-e significance of the image). So once again, thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Guy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darin Heinz" <spacecoastphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    Self Portrait by Guy Glorieux
Guy, as someone mentioned earlier, it's good to have a face to associate
with the name. And it's a decent self-portrait, I might add. Focus could
probably be a bit sharper, but with nobody monitoring the viewfinder, I
think it's permissible. Compositionally, I think it was done very well; the barrels in the background and the lights in the ceiling create an atmosphere
into which you are not intruding; you appear to belong there. The lighting
on your face is warm and directional, so it agrees with the surroundings.
Additionally, I would not have realized it was a self-portrait (for a few
moments, anyway), largely because the bold expression on your face and
interesting background effectively distract the viewer from looking at your
arm.