Reviews (was PF Exhibits...)

Guy, et al.,

I'm pleased that you appreciate my reviews. I have a habit (bad, good, or
indifferent) of waxing verbose when I am looking at work online; the reviews
I post have been trimmed for readability.

Whenever someone puts any amount of effort into work, then puts his/her
reputation on the line by posting it into a gallery such as this one,
especially with the understanding that the purpose being for critique as a
means toward improvement, I have been taught, and still believe, that it is
my responsibility as a viewer and de facto critic of the work to put forth
some sort of effort in the way of feedback.

As a photographer who has submitted work and gotten abundant reviews in the
past, my obligation to the List, in the form of 45 minutes to an hour of my
time per week, supersedes whatever I may have otherwise been doing in the
real world.

It is a bit frustrating, even a little disappointing, to see the
participation in the Gallery at the level it is now, after having joined the
list when there were 10-12 photographs posted weekly, and frequently others
bumped to the following week. Ideally we will go back to that heightened
level of discussion, perhaps going so far as to see a less than 95% "lurk
ratio", but for the meantime, I will continue as I have been, submitting a
full weekly critique, possibly even a photo from time to time, and looking
forward to the days of enlightenment from all angles, which I am sure will
come again.

Yours very truly,
Darin Heinz
Melbourne, Florida USA