Re: A lens in need is a lens indeed.........Sigma lenses? Go pinhole!

From: "David Dyer-Bennet"

: I've used a pin-hole body cap on my Fuji S2; haven't tried it on the
: D200 yet. The problem for me is that 1.5x crop sensors are far too
: small for pinhole use; I want 4x5.  I should do it -- putting a small
: hole in a lens board isn't that hard.

oh David.. please, its a 23x15.5mm sensor !  not quite a half frame ;)

Good point though - with a pinhole size at anything close to the optimum
aperture (0.08mm-ish - f475) for the focal length (44mm ) the size of the
sensor is very small, include diffraction issues for such a small hole and
it will be fighting an uphill battle for little gain.  Larger format is
definately the go :)