Re: A lens in need is a lens indeed.........Sigma lenses? Go pinhole!

karl shah-jenner wrote:
stumbled across this link and just had to share!

http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_rr.html
"EOS 350D (mounted) with a 1917 VPK Rapid Rectilinear f/7.7"

http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_meniscus.html
Canon EOS 350D with VPK Meniscus Achromat from 1915
(some really pretty pics here)

EOS 350D with Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 4.5/75mm
http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_xenar75.html

etc..
EOS 350D with Schneider-Kreuznach Radionar 4.5/105mm
EOS 350D with Schneider-Kreuznach Radionar 2.9/50mm

some lovely pics here with some appalling glass ;)

Karl, you make wonder if anyone has used a dSLR body to produce a pin hole lens. Using a black tube, taped to the body, or a lens cap (hmm) with the end replaced by with Al foil and a tiny hole.
So I googled it and yes they have. So who needs EOS or Nikkor lenses?
See
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mallol/159891275/

Looks like fun! But I'd be very concerned about dust.

(I did this once with a Canon AE-1 body, and with a Mamiya 645 but never followed those through.)

Howard