Re: A lens in need is a lens indeed.........Sigma lenses

Howard wrote:

I've been using Sigma lenses for years and the only one that broke I dropped onto a concrete floor...
currently I've
105mm macro - razor sharp, works with all my lenses
10-20mm zoom for Nikon dSLR - superb results.
18-200mm zoom for Nikon dSLR - surprisingly good.
AND I can get superb A3 enlargements from them.

I don't know what the construction internally is like, but then I don't know that about Nikon's own lenses. Buying Sigma helps to to achieve things I could never hope to do because Nikon's prices are, for a non-pro, astronomical. If I had the money I'd buy Nikon, but I'm STILL waiting for Nikon's 18-200 VR lens to appear in the UK.

My daughter has a Canon 70-300 zoom but prefers, for carrying AND sharpness her basic 55-200 Sigma, even when using a tripod.

It's simply "horses for courses".

Howard

Howard,

Thanks for your comments.......
It is interesting to get user reports from "users" rather than magazines.

I suspected that Sigma turned the corner, so to speak, and was produving some decent stuff with the arrival of their HSM lenses. The too, they sure wouldn't be around if all their stuff was junk.......

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )