Θέμα: Re: A lens in need is a lens indeed.........Sigma lenses

well the same old argument all over

as a sigma user here is my points

1. you get what you pay for
2. most times you pay for brandname/advertising/demos&giveaways
2A. Sigma is the firm that buys its glass from all sources.(like all kinds of optics manufacturers (binocs, lenses, scopes). When a batch of particular specs is not available the factory cannot wait. Believe me the optics world and especially the asian part of it is very dark indeed. Too much subcontracted work all over the basin.
3. the higher the price the higher the satisfaction the buyer feels
4. have droped my long sigma zoom (actually lauched it from my bag) and was chasing it down the asphalt slope.
5. but that does not prove anything. I praise the lord i was lucky
6. for my pocket it is either sigma or nothing. REMEMBER not every photographer in the world can find used equipment at reasonable prices, demos, or even rent some. US is the EXCEPTION
7. that is why i buy from the US

and finally

8. who was that forum member years ago that dismantled a Canon lens to find glass elements kept in plass by tape?

it is not the camera body, it is not even the lens, it is the photographers skill, perception and sight

amen, kostas

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteetharticles

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!