Re: Canon Digital ISO

Jeff:

I am currently shooting with a 1Ds Mk II and find its performance amazing at
any ISO speed. I've shot numerous times at ISO 1600 and results were great.

Since I don't like to use flash for night photography I have chosen to
invest on Canon's 24mm f/1.4 prime lens and combine it with a high ISO speed
to avoid the flash. I have taken shots at several locations including some
that are not particularly well lit at night such as Disneyland. The photos
are always amazing. There is just very minor noise that I find easily
acceptable and this can be improved by running the image through some kind
of noise removal tool or filter.

The camera has a setting that allows the ISO range to be extended so that it
can go up to ISO 3200. I haven't tried this yet but will soon just to see
how it does. Based on what I have seen so far I can only imagine that images
will look very good as well.

The EOS 1Ds Mk II is definitely in a class by itself.

Best regards,

Joseph Chamberlain