RE: book appearance - the text page

<Do we want the book to have the text pages all the same, basically,
the same font, the same type of information, the same size and space
on the page? >

YES - otherwise it will look like a completely amateurish mess.

<Or are there members among us who would like the text
to be part of their presentation in a more artistic or adventurous or
individualistic way?>
Probably there are, but from my experience most professional looking books have a clear format/style.

<My idea was to let it go either way - those who wished to create
their text pages could do so, and those who wished to let the gnomes
take their text and put it into a uniform format could also do so.>
ANARCHY?