re: Gallery Comments 06-03-25

At 0:15 +0100 3/26/06, Elgenper wrote:
Jim Snarski, Western Scrub Jay: Good portrait of a colourful bird.
Are these as pushy for food as the Steller´s Jays that steal the sandwich from your hands if you´re not careful?

They sure are. We have both those birds around here and I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other as far as bold, brazen, brash behaviour....when I did a little research and found out they were of the family Corvidae, related to crows and ravens I understood a little more as to why they behave like they do...

thanks for your comments....

Jim Snarski
Baja Oregon