Re: Bulk Photoshop

karl shah-jenner wrote:
From: "Don Roberts"

: >
: Please bear in mind that, especially in the graphics field, a lot of
: people still use the Macs.  If you have a question, or a an answer, try

I keep forgetting that, since the majority of the graphics people here have
moved over to PC's (windows OS )

mind you, with the new PC/Mac hybrids soon any mac user will be free to run
windows apps on dual boot systems if they choose.  There are also a number
of people who've already made use of the leaked OS to run Mac's on their
PC's, alternating OS's as they see fit.. or running the various processes
inside emulators.  Not a bad way to do things especially if you can use
faster software available on one OS that's not available on others.

http://os-emulation.net/virtualpc20.html

Admittedly one might not want to run a WHOLE windoze environment inside a
Mac, but for those who are interested, the barebones or a stripped down OS
with whatever software one might need can be a very handy thing and
relatively simple to set up.

Liteshell is a nice Windows shell that uses little system resources and
might speed things up even further, then there's win98lite - an OS stripper
that guts the shell completely removing OE,IE and a number of other pesky
M$ components that one really does not need.

A lot of windows users do this already whenever they run a DOS box.

Here's some user reports on emulators :
http://www.macwindows.com/sw955.html
http://www.macwindows.com/windata2.html
I am really curious to see what happens with the Intel Macs and the Windows software and vice versa. The possibility of running both OSs is intriguing. I use VirutalPC and find it wanting. Maybe it's my ignorance but moving things and using them between systems never works. And, as a long time Mac user, I can do things much faster in OSX than I can in Windows XP so the speed of the application may be negated. If there is a more seamless integration I would be delighted. Of course, since I am no longer a hard core user but a retired photographer fooling with his own stuff, the costs of replacing equipment and/or software may make it all academic anyway. But it seems the world of digital photography will be getting even more interesting now.
Don

--
The art of living lies in a fine mingling of holding on and letting go.-- Havelock Ellis