Re: PF exhibits on 11 FEB 2006

Well, Emily, I suggest you download your own image from the RIT website, as I just did. The thumbnail downloads as a 13 KB file, and the full version as a 56 KB file. Opened in PS CS, the latter indicates a size of 648 KB. My image was clearly larger, which accounts for the difference.

When I asked PS CS to save my downloaded "2.22 MB" file, it came up with a size of about 600 KB at maximum quality.

There must be a relationship between what PS displays as file size and what the file size really is, but I haven't been able to figure it out. As it is said, PS has a steep learning curve!

I still don't want to crop the image. I too tried various cropping scenarios. The only one that worked was to crop off the empty sky on the right. I thought that it gave the bird flock a destination and didn't want to do it. I certainly could have reduced the width of the image so it would have take up less screen acreage. Perhaps the next time, if there is one.

This has generated far more interest than usual, or anything I've ever submitted. Congratulations for starting it. I've enjoyed lurking and watching the fireworks.

Roger

Roger Eichhorn
eichhorn@xxxxxx