Re: PF exhibits on 11 FEB 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:26:26 +0000, howard <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>>I still say the size should be increased, 75K just isn't enough. If you have a
>>JPG 800 x 535 with lots of detail you can't fit it in unless you go down to a
>>compression of 3 which is too much.
>>
>>And that's without any colour space info I might add.
>>

>I saved a complicated image from its original 6 mp size, setting it to
>800 by 532 at 72 dpi (CS2 lingo) and then using Imageready to shrink for
>web use, setting quality around 40 - above medium quality.
>resulting file was 57 kB. Obviously there are some jpg artefacts but it
>looked pretty good to me. However I don't see the point in using
>photoshop to prepare for the web. If you've got Imageready it gives
>smaller files with better quality.

I just saved a JPG that I had to go down to JPG quality 2 to get unde 75K with
no colour info. It was a landscape ocean coastline scene with lots of detail in
the waves, etc. It was the same size, 800 by 532. I don't like going to such low
quality settings but had to. I don't see why the limit isn't at least 100K.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ Motorcycle Relay Kits,