Re: PF exhibits on 11 FEB 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:54:51 +0000, Howard <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>The image is 56KB, but is also 1080 by 720 pixels at 72 dpi. according
>to Photoshop.
>and was probably saved at jpeg compression 4, to give that size file.
>Does it matter?
>
>Normally I try to go for 800 wide maximum  if landscape format and then
>use Imageready for web output.
>What do others recommend / do?

I still say the size should be increased, 75K just isn't enough. If you have a
JPG 800 x 535 with lots of detail you can't fit it in unless you go down to a
compression of 3 which is too much.

And that's without any colour space info I might add.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
  http://naturephoto.easternbeaver.com/