Re: PF exhibits on 11 FEB 2006

Jeff Spirer wrote:

At 10:20 PM 2/12/2006, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

Actually, when I took the image off the web site and opened it in photoshop it was 2.2M and 15" long. I did that just before I did the review. I think that jibes with what I've experienced about images on the web.

You're doing something very, very wrong.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/

Be more precise Jeff!

The image is 56KB, but is also 1080 by 720 pixels at 72 dpi. according to Photoshop.
and was probably saved at jpeg compression 4, to give that size file.
Does it matter?

Normally I try to go for 800 wide maximum if landscape format and then use Imageready for web output.
What do others recommend / do?

Howard