Re: PF exhibits on 11 FEB 2006

At 3:26 PM +0800 2/13/06, karl shah-jenner wrote:
: > At 10:20 PM 2/12/2006, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
: >
: >> Actually, when I took the image off the web site and opened it in
: >> photoshop it was 2.2M and 15" long.  I did that just before I did the
: >> review.  I think that jibes with what I've experienced about images
: >> on the web.

Jeff
: > You're doing something very, very wrong.

I dunno.  I just did it again and it was still that size.

Howard:
: The image is 56KB, but is also 1080 by 720 pixels at 72 dpi. according
: to Photoshop.
: and was probably saved at jpeg compression 4, to give that size file.

Yup.  Exactly what I get.

don't forget that ppi (dpi in PS lingo) is utterly irrelevant, however, if
Emily is opening it in PS and saving it, she could have default settings
set such that it resizes to say 300 ppi - and photoshop has a VERY weird
and uniquely photoshopish way of handling ppi (dpi)..

it's probably resized the image to 300/72 x (1080x700)

I'm trying to be a professional. I don't let PS do much for me. No, I don't have PS resizing upon opening. I have actions that do that. And no, I never tried to resave, so I never found out what the amount of compression on the original file was.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822 New England landscapes, wooden boats and races, press photography http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/