Too close together...

Qkano (aka Bob T) said:

PS: Bush's eyes really are too close together

Hi Bob,

You just can't leave it at that! Is this an opinion, a value judgement or scientific evidence? And what are the implications?

Let's first deal with your use of the word "really". This is a very strong word. It stands right upfront in your statement, as if it were necessary to CRRRUSSSHH DOWN any doubts or objections even before the full content of the statement ("too close together") was formulated. Do you fear that your statement might not hold true under close scrutiny?

Now, when you say "too close together" you must have some sort of reference point against which to assess the relative closeness of the eyes. Despite my deep respect for you, I just can't take your word on this.

I would be grateful if you could point to your sources (anthropomorphic studies, etc...) on standards for assessing proper eye-to-eye distance. There is also the question of whether there might exist any differences in the standards for leaders and those being lead? I would kindly ask if you could state in which percentile Bush's distance falls. I would also ask that you document your sources on the measurement of Bush's actual eye-to-eye distance.

But the fundamental issue has to do with the implications of your statement. Why is it so important to know if Bush's eyes are (or not) too close or too far apart from one another? Are you concerned about double vision or failure in stereoscopic vision?

Would your concerns be of sufficient magnitude as to require initiation of an impeachment procedure?

Remember, this is a photo-discussion list after all. Should you not focus on relevant issues such as parallax?

Regards from Canada,  ... -:)

Guy

P.S. Are you concerned that vision might be impaired by interference from the nose? In which case, you might need to assess where the Bush nose stands in relation to standards. I would suggest that you search for any significant changes in the length of the said nose.