Re: A Moving Experience..............

From my Mac-L I've discovered that it seems there are some limitations on the amount of a drive that one can use until you set up some sort of other driver or some such for the drive. The cut-off point seems to be at 125G, people wrote in and complained that the Mac wouldn't write to more than 125G or their new 500G drive and why, why, why...

Since I have more faith in CD/DVD than in hard drives I didn't save or even follow the thread, but once the Mac-L gets its new server and is back up and running I'll send the link to the searchable archive.

I cloned 38-odd Gigs from my old Mac to my new, but then that wasn't an external hard drive in quite the same sense.

But I know the cloning can be done to external drives as well, because that's how people make bootable externals.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx