Re: Another one bites the dust

James B. Davis wrote:

If a student starts out with digital, it's a big advantage. I can't help but
think that after they start shooting thousands of garbage shots they'll wise up
and start to economize their shooting more. They'll learn the times they should
shoot more and the times they shouldn't bother.
Seems to me film would accomplish this, not digital. Shooting thousands of garbage shots with digital means you have formated the media a lot. With film you spend a lot of $$$$ on film and processing.....

I really can't understand why anyone would still shoot film. The worst part for
me was always having to finish a roll to get the results. Heck of a waste with a
roll of 36 and 10 frames shot. Besides, I see my shots immediately now even if I
only took one. Love it. Quality is up, fun factor is way up, no downside for me.

Well, in some cases, for me,there is the relaxation of dropping the exposed roll at Costco and picking up the prints after shopping, then going home and looking through them with a glass of Bass Ale or Pepsi instead of sittng in front of my computer.

One other thing, I work with or on computers for a living and almost 8 hours a day is enough!

Bob