Re: Another one bites the dust

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:36:52 -0500, rebphoto <rebphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>  I did shoot a lot of film this way..........
>
>  However....
>
>  I enjoy the fact that with digital I am not
>  thinking in the back of my mind what the film
>  has cost and what it will cost to have it processed!

For years when I shot film I always had in the back of my mind the cost of each
click of the shutter. I learned to get a good shot with very few frames taken.

However, now since going digital, I think back to all the missed shots. Digital
costs me nothing. Hard to get out of the frame of mind though, but I do shoot
more now. I don't shoot frames that I know will not be good, and I still have a
good eye for when to shoot, what will look good, etc.

If a student starts out with digital, it's a big advantage. I can't help but
think that after they start shooting thousands of garbage shots they'll wise up
and start to economize their shooting more. They'll learn the times they should
shoot more and the times they shouldn't bother.

I really can't understand why anyone would still shoot film. The worst part for
me was always having to finish a roll to get the results. Heck of a waste with a
roll of 36 and 10 frames shot. Besides, I see my shots immediately now even if I
only took one. Love it. Quality is up, fun factor is way up, no downside for me.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
  http://naturephoto.easternbeaver.com/