Re: Are you a Yahoo! group member?

>>>they change this Bob, after you've agreed to a TOC and opted out of
anything you don't want you hear no more from them..  then one day when
someone like Robert alerts you, you go and check and find they've changed
the TOC and you are not 'opted out' as you'd set your self, instead they've
opted you in again..

it's not legal here in Australia to do that, they're required to notify you
of such things but since they're an American company ..>>>

Part of the problem is this list is world-wide. I suppose I should preface my comments with "In the United States..." By the way, what specific laws cover this situation in Australia?

If people would actually read the TOS, it would solve problems and ease concerns. Yahoo clearly states their position in the first few paragraphs of their TOS. They (Yahoo) have the right to change their TOS at will and without notification. Do not argue how right or wrong it is, just accept it. Yahoo is not the only corporation using cookies and web beacons and people are frightened for no good reason. Well, in most cases.

EVERY web site owner has the right to change their rules and their TOS and it really does not matter because for the most part, they do not want to alienate potential customers.

Yahoo is simply trying to maximize their profits. We all get Yahoo services for free. The groups are free. Email is free...free, free, free. So expect Yahoo to do whatever it can to maximize profits.

Read the TOS of every site you play in and if you find something you dislike, stop using the service. It really is as simple as that.

Bob