Re: Are you a Yahoo! group member?

>>>It's not simple: that is BS.

You indeed agree to terms and conditions (caveat emptor and all that).
You don't agree to agree to all and every change to those conditions you
originally agreed to - that is simply illegal.  They cannot (in the UK anyway)
retrospectively change the rules, to give themselves ownership of your car
and house say, without you agreeing to the ammended TOC.>>>

I am speaking from the US of A. I do not know absolutely everything there is to know about the laws are in the UK, but I do know a few things and the general differences between countries.

I am not sure what you mean, so forgive me if I put e-words in your e-mouth. Here are some basic facts: Corporations (in the US of A) are free to change terms and conditions. Within reason. Corporations cannot change the terms of a contract at will, for example. Yahoo does not change things all that often, by the way. At least not substantially. For now, lets forget the silly comments about owning your car and house. To silly to consider.

To quote the Yahoo TOS: "Yahoo! Inc. ("Yahoo!") welcomes you. Yahoo! provides its service to you subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you." If you do not agree with the changes or you are too lazy to periodically review the TOS, it is not Yahoo's fault. Why is this so hard to understand? They have the RIGHT to change without notice to the user. You AGREED to these terms when you joined. Period! As simple as that!

If you disagree, you simply avoid the site and stop using their services. You should never complain about the terms you accepted.

Bob