Re: Are you a Yahoo! group member?

 For now, lets forget the silly comments about owning your car and
house. To silly to consider.
> To quote the Yahoo TOS: "Yahoo! Inc. ("Yahoo!") welcomes you. Yahoo!
provides its service to you subject to the following Terms of Service
("TOS"), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice
to you." If you do not agree with the changes or you are too lazy to
periodically review the TOS, it is not Yahoo's fault. Why is this so
hard to understand? They have the RIGHT to change without notice to
the user. You AGREED to these terms when you joined. Period! As simple
as that!

Bob

Sorry Bob

I'm missing something big here.

Where in the constitution is the line drawn between what is "too silly
to consider" and what is legitimate?

You enter a contract with them: the service is ***NOT*** free (even if
no actual cash passes).

I accept thier terms (in exchange for accepting their sodding adverts
:o) which used to include privacy.  Suddenly it does not (by which
time 30 sec later ... heck we all check the TOC every 30 sec) so I
withdraw.  Too late, they've already SOLD my details ...

An undefined contract (over here anyway) is not a contract.  So they
cannot have the right to change conditions (update them) willy nilly
without re-approval.  Over here anyway you only agree to specifics.

It might sound silly to you but there really is no difference between
trying to give themselves posession of your house and selling your
details.  Come to think of it, didn't they claim copyright (or at
least worldwide publication rights) of all images at one time?

Anyway ... I'd love to know what is silly and what is not?

10 cents per week?
100
1000
1000000 ....