Re: Canon digital bodies and Nikon lenses.

At 6:45 PM -0800 11/10/05, Jeff Spirer wrote:
At 05:59 PM 11/10/2005, PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
Digital may be alright for amateurs and some commercial work but not for my work.

A year ago in June I went to Newport to shoot the UBS trophy - Alinghi vs. Oracle America's Cup match racing trials. There were about 25 photographers there. 15 of them were on the payroll of either Oracle, or Alinghi or their sponsors. Some were shooting simultaneously for newspapers and magazines and one of the sponsors.

I and one other photographer were still shooting film.

On the photo boat Bob Greiser looked at me and said "y'know, you're a dinosaur!" He climbed on the press boat with a Pelican Case. In it were 3 1Ds Mark IIs, with 70-200 f2.8 Canon zooms and one had a 300mm (Canon) on it.

Only that one other photographer is still shooting film, now a year later.

Seems like the world has made up its mind about film.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822 New England landscapes, wooden boats and races, press photography http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/