Photography & Reverspectives...

Greetings,

This past Saturday, my wife & I were fortunate enough to be in San Francisco. After enjoying SFMoMA, we were walking up (that's an understatement!) the street, past several galleries. One painting, literally, jumped out of the window at us. The image was by a painter whose name I believe was Joseph Summers. We spoke with the manager about the image and he showed us two more images by a student of Summers, Patrick Hughes. There's just no way to adequately describe these images in words, and a two-dimensional image of any type can hardly adequately display their work, especially what it does to your mind & perceptions.

I did a little research when I returned and found Patrick Hughes' website, and the style of painting is something that he calls "Reverspective."

I did find, during a google search, the following link, which shows a reverspective of a room pretty well (about half-way down):

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243697

My question for this esteemed list is whether if anyone is aware of a photographer who might have created photo-reverspectives, as I'd love to learn more. It seems that this type of work might be easier now with such tools as Photoshop...

http://www.patrickhughes.co.uk/reverspective.htm

Thanks,

Tim!

Tim Mulholland