Re: Canon digital bodies and Nikon lenses.

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:29:34 +0800, karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>As I've said before there were students at college who moved from digi and
>inkjets back to RA4 as they found it so much faster to get a *good* print
>out and the results looked so much better than any inkjet.
>

>I also found when working in a large photo supply shop that a fair number
>of B&W shooters were moving back into their darkrooms to get the tones,
>longevity and speed of a silver based print.  Seriously -  seeing the grins
>on faces regarding speed and ease was a laugh
>

>myself, I'll keep the A3 8 colour inkjet for mucking around and for graphic
>applications (have you ever made a poster with film based technology?? -
>all that letraset stuff drives you nuts!) and the prints will come out of
>the chemical baths :-)

As much as I loved R4 printing and processing, I now leave all that to my local Frontier lab and they print direct from
my digital files with NO ADJUSTMENTS. I get exactly what I see on screen and with little cost or hassles. I take a CF
card with my files to their lab and dump the images onto their system, then give them the slip with my order. Pickup the
prints next day.

Sure beats inkjet to see a real R4 photo print and lovely colours that won't fade like an inkjet. No need of having
space for a large expensive printer that doesn't like sitting and consumes expensive ink like my dogs eat chow...

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ Motorcycle Relay Kits