Re: Canon digital bodies and Nikon lenses.

"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Never made contrast masks.  Only been in that toxic color darkroom for
> 4 hours of my 62 years.  Think I'll stay out of it for the rest of my
> years, too!

I've never made contrast masks either; I read about the technique, and
needed it sometimes, but it always looked like just *too* much work --
especially since it's in some sense a "rescue" technique, and rescued
photos rarely turn out as good as ones you lit and exposed right in
the first place.  I've got more than 4 hours in a color darkroom, but
never got really *good* at it.  I was a pretty decent B&W printer (not
"master printer" level, but pretty decent).

I actually know one person, off-hand, who actually *uses* contrast
masks as a normal part of his printing repertoire.

And when I started playing with digital, I got useful results within
15 minutes of first thinking about trying contrast masks.  Whee!