Re: Copyright

> The question is, what commercial value do screen-resolution, much
less
> than fullscreen size, copies of my images have?  Because that's all
> that can be stolen.

David ... have you not read the newsgroups? Do you not watch those
crime drama progs where you can blow up 4 pixels  to be able to
readable full screen?

Genuine Fractals has often been touted as being able to do miracles
(and I'm sure you are aware - it would need a miracle :)

> And will they ever be stolen by people who'd consider paying?  If
not,
> then there's no lost income anyway.  Still annoying, and worth
> threatening prosecution etc.  But not an actual financial loss.

That's the long and short of it over here (no statutory damages for
simple copyright theft). The big crime  (the only time the police will
take ANY interest) is if you start bootlegging and reselling *in
competiton with* a commercial product.  They do take that seriously -
but then they would, it's big business interest that is threatened.
That said: look on ebay UK and you can buy almost any M$ product for
.. well, prices that preclude them being genuine if that makes sense
... but what jury is gonna find for Mr (Slime-Ball) Gates over here?

Some spotty little oik uses your image as "his" windows wallpaper?
Best to get over it.

Bob