Re: Copyright

Guy Glorieux <guy.glorieux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Then, if you want to protect your work from theft, you should consider
> the following:
>
> 1.  Do not ever make your best images available at large on the web.

Now that's *really* silly; how can you promote yourself without
showing your best images?

> 2.  If you nonetheless want to show these images on your site, for
> commercial or other reasons, keep them in a secured-access area of
> your site.  Assume that this secure area will eventually be hacked.
>
> 3.  Even paranoid people have enemies and/or get their work stolen...

The question is, what commercial value do screen-resolution, much less
than fullscreen size, copies of my images have?  Because that's all
that can be stolen.

And will they ever be stolen by people who'd consider paying?  If not,
then there's no lost income anyway.  Still annoying, and worth
threatening prosecution etc.  But not an actual financial loss.