Re: neat gimmick I found on the web

Guy Glorieux <guy.glorieux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Very nice slide show, Emily!

Yes, and the javascript actually works in Firefox.  Haven't checked
what the 15% of people with javascript disabled see yet.

> I love the choice of monochrome images, their great visual simplicity.
> (The background leaves me less impressed, if you allow me:  too much
> color and color saturation).

I like the images a lot too.

I like the background well enough, though it came in slowly here for
some reason (it's only 6745 bytes, not excessive at all); maybe it was
competing with pre-loading the slideshow pictures.

The background goes well with the sepia photos, and well enough with
the logo, title, and contact text colors.  I don't think it goes at
all well with the copyright holder statement or especially the "I
understand" link.  I can see how some people will have difficulty even
finding the link.

I also note it seems to be carrying a 2002 copyright, which probably
now should be updated.  And the logo is missing ALT text.

> P.S.  I like the reference to intellectual property as an entry point.
> What do others think?

I think this is a decent approach.  It's not just the same old
same-old that everybody has seen, and either already agrees with or
has already rejected.  It will actually give new information to the
people who don't actually know much about the issue.