Re: ExpoDisc: Overpriced gadget for suckers?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:27:49 -0600, Terry <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>Well not completely, I know they say that you can pick and choose your white
>balance in processing but this is not exactly accurate, if you do not have a
>good working image to start with you cannot apply a white balance to the
>photo and get an accurate end result. IF that makes sense

Not sure what you mean, but if your exposure is off, you can't do much
about making a good image. However, when you shoot raw, you can tweak
the heck out of the white balance in processing. Without breaking up
the histogram of course. I like the ability to put the dropper on a
neutral object and setting my white balance to that.

BTW, Capture One LE recently put out an upgrade that makes the program
even better. Free download for buyers. Damn, I love that program so
much, couldn't do without it!

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
  http://easternbeaver.com/