Re: warer in lens

3 okt 2005 kl. 04.20 skrev Terry:

it was not salt water, it is an auto focus lens, but I still need to dry it out and see what happens, any ideas, I know it can be heated in the oven but I have no idea on exactly how to go about this.
Thanks
Terry L. Mair

OK, try to dry it out, but whatever you do, DON´T try it on a camera body before it´s bone dry throughout. When you mount it, some voltage will be applied to the innards, and if there´s any electrolyte (water) present, electrolytic corrosion will very quickly ruin contact surfaces and render the lens unusable, if it wasn´t already.

Per

Per Öfverbeck
http://foto.ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates"