Re: PF Exhibits on 01 OCT 05 - Aside

At 7:12 AM +0100 10/3/05, Bob Talbot wrote:
So I think I've learned to compose *within* the 35mm space accepting
that some of the film is not within my composition.

When you're submitting slides to magazines you don't want to put some sort of blooper along the edges. After all, even an excess of sky can be used for titles and such, but a big hot spot isn't going to make it.

The sailing is different - if the lens isn't long enough to get into the face or actions, then I do crop, but again, my clients want the 2:3 ratio so I crop to that.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822 New England landscapes, wooden boats and races, press photography http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/