Re: PF Exhibits on 27 AUG 05 - Dan's Review

> Hey Bob.....there seems to be a serious problem here, and I have no
desire
> whatsoever to find a solution.   Henceforth your posts will be
filtered
> into my trash basket.

I'm at a total and utter loss ...

on yet another one.

I have absolutely no idea amongst the things I said in my last post
what the issue was.

I was merely trying to illustrate how easy it is to take things - a
review - the wrong way if you are only looking for the bad in them.
It's certainly caught me out in the past (as the recipient of a
review).

In Dan's case it seems he has a real problem with nudes: a problem in
that he was looking so hard for a hostile response that he ignored the
good parts. The only reason I'm involved is that he chose to quote
excerpts from my review (which I still read as on the complimentary
side of neutral) to back up his paranoia on this issue. This was
particularly galling for me as the main issue seemed to be about
whether the model looked like she was taking a dump or not: something
that did not cross my mind until ANOTHER reviewer(s) mentioned it.

Indeed, I reckon most of the hostility could have been resolved
off-list if Dan had taken note of a private reply to his first
tantrum.  For the record this is the full content of the unanswered
message from 27/08/2005

>For me it looks uncomfortable because if *I* sat in that position
>I know my joints would ACHE.

>As I said in my review: I'm still thinking about this one.
>It's not a "classic" glamour / erotic shot so what is it?
>It's not a "figure study" in the sense of exploring shadows and
>curves because most it covered up.

>A nude girl in peaceful surroundings?
>Why is she there?

>I'm never sure in my head how I'm supposed to read these pictures.
>I'm certainly not going to say on list all the things I might think
:o)

I'd love to understand where all this started: I'm guessing it goes
back several years rather than being a response to a few harmless
comment on one photo.  Maybe it's a response to something I said in my
photo - but the truth hurts.

Finally, to paraphrase Dan for one last time - words capitalised to
indicate my changes
>When I RESPOND TO  a REVIEW, I try and look at its artistic merits
only,
>and avoid trying to second guess what someone pictured in
>the REVIEW may have been feeling or thinking at the time the
>REVIEW was WRITTEN.

The whole problem I feel is of reading too much between the lines when
actually there was nothing there to read.

FWIW I'd already added Dan to the list of people whose images I don't
review in the future. There is little point in commenting on people's
work when they have made it plain they have no respect for your
opinions.

Bob