Re: PF Exhibits on 27 AUG 05

My comments on this weeks Gallery Exhibits
(http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html).  Never done this before, so bear
with me!  ;-)

Lea Murphy: Lauren Murphy one day before leaving for her senior year of
college
A nice warm portrait, probably difficult to capture by anyone other than
her mother.  It tells me a lot (I think!) about what Lauren is like as a
person, which is what a good portrait should do.

Emily L. Ferguson: Yesterday we went fishing
Not sure about this.   This idea is nice, but perhaps there are one too
many fish present?  If it were me I would have cheated a bit and done a
little pre-arranging.  Also I would have added just a tad more contrast to
the image, and maybe gone a bit sloser to get rid of the apce at the top
(or perhaps add some space at the bottom?).

Qkano: Caz
Cute happy snap, timed perfectly

Renate Volz: After the Rain
Pretty nature shot, been done a zillion times but for a reason,  Shots like
these are beautiful to look at.  Interesting composition.

Sue Butler: untitled
Nice shot, too bad about the boring background.  Maybe a bit dull (or
perhaps unfortunate light angle?), I think action sports like photography
benefit from a little boost in contrast.

Per Ofverbeck: Gingko Leaves
Not sure about this.  There isn't enough there to put the leaves into
context.  It might make a nice illustration for a botany textbook.

Judith Curiel: Passion Flower
Interesting.  At first glance it looked like a weird Turkey.  Love the
colours.

Elson T. Elizaga: Newlyweds
This is OK, probably something that the newlweds would like to have.

Timothy A. Holmes: Global Flyer
It looks like it was taken at 10,000 feet.  I can't tell that it was at an
airshow.   Was this just a special test flight for the benefit of the show?

Bob Sull:Who called this meeting?
I hate bees.  This might look better in a larger version, but in the small
size it doesn't look particularly sharp, and I think flower pics like this
should be really really sharp (did I just quote a rule?).

Steve Shapiro: Leica B
The subject is interesting, but this isn't the best catalogue photo I've seen.

-dan c.