Re: digital future - was something else.

>>>And we´re all supposed to bow down in humiliation before this
irrefutable proof that digital is junk, and we should all go out and
buy Speed Graphics...>>>

Digital is not always junk. Some traditional prints and images are pure
junk. Some digital is junk. And some traditional images will never be
surpassed by digital. So, digital photography is good and bad; as is
traditional photography.

That being said, most digital does not come near some traditional images. I
am bothered by those that believe it does. It might at some point, but not
now. Digital does make some people lazy because they can rely not on
technique, but PS. I am not sure if we all need Speed Graphics, but my Aero
Linhoff can beat up your digital camera.  If not, I'll break out the ten
inch aerial camera.

I come from a day where if you wanted to combine color images, you stripped
each layer and reassembled it as needed. I come from a time where we used
compensating developers to handle scenes with large contrast differences.
When long exposures were used to eliminate people in a scene rather than
computers. When people still understood Dye Transfer Printing. When Kodak
was a real company, and Agfa offered fifty different papers. When Dektol
came in metal cans and Kodachrome processing took a day, in some cases two.
When we had photo shops, not photo counters in a local Wal Mart.

When many things were well known and widely used. And before digital where
lazy people can do whatever it is they do. Digital has caused much to be
lost and once gone, will never come back around.

Bob