Re: Finishing film; was Re: test

No problems here, Maggie: Slainthe Mhor!

Thing is: while I feel innocent, I do in fact agree to your general analysis: there IS a lot of fossil feeling about digital vs film bubbling up right now.

Try to see it this way: when most of us fossils started in photography, it was a difficult and expensive craft that you learnt and then liked to show off.

You invested a small fortune in heavy metal (!) gear that you thought would last your lifetime, you tested materials and processes, and all was well with the world...

Suddenly people without training can buy a small, convenient camera and produce lots and lots of decent pictures. Your investment in brass gears and glass falls enormously in value (I still almost cry when I see what e. g. Hasselblad gear is going for now; luckily I sold before that), and even big companies that produced your favourite materials go bust (Agfa),

Your world falls apart, you feel like the dinosaurs looking at the falling asteroids...

Some fossils do what I did: try the new, and try to find out how best to use it. Others just sit down and MOAN. Can you really blame them?

Per Öfverbeck
http://foto.ofverbeck.se