Re: Finishing film; was Re: test

"I remember having to wash and dry prints for
an *hour* after I'd worked myself to exhaustion making the prints."
Hmmm. Some see it as exhaustion, others see it as a feeling of euphoria {:->

I was just listening to a CD about photography and one of the messages was (by Brooks Jensen, LensWork editor - I have paraphrased his words) that if he hadn't been introduced to the history of photography and film, darkroom, etc., he doesn't think he'd have the passion for photography that he has.

I have to agree - it was the history of photography and the darkroom that captured me and keeps me enthralled with the process. (Can you imagine the surprise when people started seeing their surroundings and themselves captured in a box and then appearing on paper? It makes me think of some aboriginal tribes that thought their spirits have been stolen from them when their photograph was taken.)

Marilyn

Leave gentle fingerprints on the
soul of another for the angels to read.

                                               Proverb