Re: Camera check

Michel Dusariez <dusariez@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Bad news.
>
> Most of  sophisticate actual digital camera don't need camera check
> every two years, because probably in two years it will be completelly
> obsolete and maybe will fail to work, and can not be repaired.

My Fuji S2 is already older than that, and no problems so far.  And is
still for sale in stores, even Best Buy, so it can't be *completely*
obsolete.

My Nikon N90 from 1994 hasn't been back to the shop yet.  Probably
should be, while they still remember how to work on it!  But no
symptoms of anything going wrong.

> Listen to this. I have a Canon video camera "CanonvisionEX1 hi " I
> have buy 10 years ago, it don't operate anymore and nobody can (or
> will) repair it !
>
> It cost at time of purchase about US$6000.00. Nice the electronic !
>
> So, if you buy a digital camera now, use it now quickly,  because in 2
> or 3 years ??????????

Luckily, the money saved in film and lab costs will more than pay for
the camera in that length of time.