Re: Digital version of film camera effects.

<<I am interested in finding out if there is any way to obtain with digital
cameras the effects obtained with film camera when using (1) polarizer
filters and (2) infra-red film.

Is there any filter, special effect or third party plug-in for Photoshop
that can enhance an image in a way that it resembles the action of a
polarizer filter ?>>

Strictly, NO.
It's frankly impossible.  Photosho can't know diddly squit about the polarization angle of light passing through the lens.  Is a high spot reflection due to a white surface or from a black but highly polished one?

If you mean, can it give a deepen the blue of the sky relative to a shot without a polaiser, or can it increase the saturation of colours, well, that may be possible ...

For pseudo-infra-red.
The closest I've come is to play with the balance between the RG&B channels.
Just using the red channel gets some of the way there, particularly if you add a slightly soft focus to account for the fact that most IR shots are not in perfect focus either (or should I say, lenses are not optimised for IR).

Or I could be wrong as usual...

Bob

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: