Re: Digital version of film camera effects.

For PS i think you are correct...however, a polarizing filter on a digital camera does the same thing as on a film camera (seemingly)...I would imagine that if you can turn a circular polarizer filter in front of your eye and get the effect, it would work with any sort of receiving medium...i've also read about the nikon d70's sensor being able to read just into the near IR spectrum if the built-in filter is removed or something like that

http://www.naturfotograf.com/D70_rev05IR.html

Qkano <snapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<cameras the effects obtained with film camera when using (1) polarizer
filters and (2) infra-red film.

Is there any filter, special effect or third party plug-in for Photoshop
that can enhance an image in a way that it resembles the action of a
polarizer filter ?>>

Strictly, NO.
It's frankly impossible. Photosho can't know diddly squit about the polarization angle of light passing through the lens. Is a high spot reflection due to a white surface or from a black but highly polished one?

If you mean, can it give a deepen the blue of the sky relative to a shot without a polaiser, or can it increase the saturation of colours, well, that may be possible ...

For pseudo-infra-red.
The closest I've come is to play with the balance between the RG&B channels.
Just using the red channel gets some of the way there, particularly if you add a slightly soft focus to account for the fact that most IR shots are not in perfect focus either (or should I say, lenses are not optimised for IR).

Or I could be wrong as usual...

Bob

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do You Yahoo!?