Re: Digital version of film camera effects.

http://www.scss.com.au/family/andrew/camera/inside/

This link explains that CCDs are IR-sensitive, and discusses how and why the IR component is filtered out.

David Foy

Achal Pashine wrote:
You could try Fred Miranda's digital IR plug-in.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/DI/

Many other optical filters (such as warming filter) are replicated in PS CS2 (may be in CS as well).
For b/w filters with digital images, again, try using Fred Miranda's BW worlflow pro:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/DBWpro/

But as Bob said, it is possible to get all these effects without buying any canned plugins. you just need to do little bit of tweaking on your own.
As Trevor said, some digital cameras have been reported to still see IR spectrum, just like regular camera. try to google ["IR photography" "canon 10D"]. see e.g. http://www.andry.alamsyah.net/categories.php?cat_id=21 (I don't know this person, I just googled and this came out).
hope this helps,
Achal