Re: Lens for Canon D-10

When I owned and used a D60, my "standard" lens was the Canon 28-135/3.5-5.6 IS. Quite decent optically, very, very flexible (lacking a bit at the wide end, of course). A little bulky and heavy, but cheap for a good Canon lens. And that image stabilisation..... worth its weight in gold....

I don´t know much about the new Canon 17-85 IS optimized for digital sensors, but it should be somewhat equal to the 28-135 with much better W/A coverage. Were I to buy a Canon DSLR today, I´d have a look at that lens first.

And do buy a 50 (1.8 or 1.4) at the same time! Great for low light and portraiture (equivalent to 80 mm on full frame 35 mm).

Per Öfverbeck http://foto.ofverbeck.se